OSDA Classes Handgun Licensing
Individual classes are offered for those who cannot make regular class dates or have other specific needs. After enrolling, an instructor will contact you to schedule your private course. You will be given an opportunity to provide additional information about your availability or specific needs during the enrollment process.
Attending an SDA Handgun License Course (Concealed Carry Class) is the first step in the process of getting an Oklahoma Handgun License.
To legally carry a loaded pistol, concealed, or unconcealed, the state of Oklahoma requires you to complete a safety training course from a certified SDA Instructor.
In this course you will:
- Learn Oklahoma self defense law
- Learn safety and shooting fundamentals
- Pass the written safety exam
- Demonstrate safety and competency with a pistol in the live-fire exercise
You will then submit your certificate of completion with your application to OSBI for an Oklahoma Handgun License.
- Please complete the sign up process and purchase the course to enroll. An instructor will contact you within 24 hours to schedule the time and date of your training.
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition is required and may be purchased at the range.
- You may rent a .22 semi-auto pistol from your instructor for $10 including ammunition.